Hello, Discourse and Semiotics friends! We are pleased to invite proposals for the 2018-2019 academic year (due via email by August 1). We are interested in the following formats:
- Data Analysis Session: We welcome presentations of research data for group discussion and analysis. This may include, but is not limited to, video data of interaction, transcripts, audio recordings, ethnographic documents, media texts. In these sessions, researchers explain their projects, pose questions about their data, and facilitate group discussion of their data.
- Work-in-Progress Session: We welcome the submission of works-in-progress for pre-circulation and discussion in our workshop. Whether drafts of journal length articles, essays, or book proposals, we welcome any pre-publication pieces of original research.
- Reading Discussion: We welcome proposals for discussion of both classic and contemporary texts in semiotic theory, language studies, and discourse analysis. Through these readings, we aim to build common frameworks for analysis across our diverse disciplines.
If you are interested in presenting, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1, 2018:
- a working title and brief summary (200 words max)
- the workshop format (data session, work-in-progress session, or reading discussion)
- any preference for when in the academic year you would like to present
We look forward to hearing from many of you by August 1!